Sunday, February 17, 2013

Oryx and Crake Reading Journal - day 5

I was at about page 120 when the age rating abruptly changed. it all happened when Crake was introduced to Jimmy. His first impression was mysterious. He did not talk too much about his life, and he did things that struck me as odd, such as his criticism of the chemistry room. Then, when Jimmy took Crake to the mall, he gave me another impression: mathmatical and intelligent. The way he calculated where one's hand may be really left me speechless (what a geek looool (that may not be appropriate but that was what came in to my mind first so i felt as if I just had to write it in)). To summerize, i thought he was a smart, sincere, a bit nerdy, but nice and innocent kid. Then it all changed. At later pages, a list of games and websites that Jimmy and Crake like to visit was introduced. I mean first few that was listed were okay. However more and more inappropriate sites were mentioned, such as a site all about people being executed. He was still smart but he was definitely neither nice nor innocent. Then I learned that Crake likes to smoke marijuana. To me, at least, doing drugs is never the smartest choice. In addition, he steals the marijuana from his uncle. So there went my first impression: intelligence and sincerity. Well, so as of now at the most, he is just a bit nerdy. Like him:

No comments:

Post a Comment