Friday, February 15, 2013

Oryx and Crake Reading Journal - day 4

 Last week was our group presentation of some of the inquiry questions that my group came up with in a format called Pecha Kucha (for some examples click here). My group members actually divided into three different section, each dealing with different issues. Some of those subdivided groups had a chance to meet up and rehearse. However, our ultimate flaw was we never actually got to rehearse as a whole group and practice timing. The night before the due date, I got all the pictures and put it into a power point presentation so that it fits the format of Pecha Kucha. On the last minute, as in during class, I realized that I did not have any pictures. So quickly I created one and had to say everything in 20 seconds. The lesson that I learned here is I should finish it ahead of times so that my group can rehearse and come up with some improvements, and so that I have time to change things up properly.
 The presentation was also an opportunity for me to look at some ideas that other members came up with. Among three main ideas, we decided to go with the environmental concerns that our present is leading us. Though I didn't get to the part where that question may be raised, despite my impressive progress last weekend, I cannot agree more that at the present rate of consumption of resources, the future's environment is not very  bright.

2 comments: