Saturday, February 9, 2013

Oryx and Crake Reading Journal - day 2

 So I read further into the book, about two chapters, and it definitely caught my attention. Some interesting things happened in the story so far and I am truly excited to go ahead and read the whole book. Ever since the  book began, the focus was on snowman in form of third person omniscient point of view. Everything around him seemed pretty messed up. No explanations were there to explain how snowman was all alone on his own in the middle of nowhere, completely naked. In the most recent chapter, it went back in time and showed a little bit of snowman's childhood. The past seemed pretty out of ordinary as well. One thing that was of ordinary was the mother's love for her child and a careless child who just cannot understand where his mother is coming from. It will be pretty interesting to read along and see how it all happens.


 Only thing that I am worried about at this point is how long it will take me to finish the novel.At this rate, about four chapters per week, it's going to take me few months. If I can manage to stop coming up with some dumb excuses I guess I will be able to progress more quickly.

 It's getting late so I am gonna go sleep now :P

2 comments:

  1. It is interesting how books will always place you in the middle of the story completely clueless of what's occurring. Then it slowly unwraps the blindfold and reveals pieces of the story until each piece connects into a coherent timeline. Even though you start in the middle of everything, at the end you feel as if it has taken you to the past, present, and future at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you're reading slow like me! Yeah looks like we should make more progress. I was confused too when snowman was all on his own. Then I read the his past, maybe he's the only one who survived the plague.. but how?

    ReplyDelete