Monday, February 11, 2013

Oryx and Crake Reading Journal - day 3


Okay. so.... I am here, sitting in my English class, staring at the whiteboard. On it, it says, "DO YOUR PERSONAL REFLECTION BLOG." I stare at it for few more minutes. Finally a thought comes into my hopeless brain: 'What do I write?' During the long weekend, against all odds, the impossible had happened. I did not read a single chapter. Right this is completely irrelevant to the book and I will not get the best mark. I can stop and go straight back to the topic, but I would rather not . The purpose of anyone's blog should not be for marks. It should be a place where people can share knowledge, experience; emotions and thoughts; even deep dark secrets...........yea..... I'm just really disappointed at myself for being lazy. Well I thing I went bait too far soooooooooo

THE ACTUAL JOURNAL ENTRY STARTS HERE!!!!

 So that section above was written about three days ago in class and for that duration, I have been making some progress with the book. I came across this part that was somewhat against my belief. Jimmy, being young and all, doesn't have the best parents in the world. His mom does not make him lunch and is not exactly nice. His dad does try to please Jimmy but fails to spend quality time with his son. Worst of all, they never remember Jimmy's birthday. However, I was able to see that their love towards his son is true. I was able to see that they were trying in their own ways. Jimmy, of course, does not realize just like typical boys of his ages. Naturally, Jimmy's daily goal is to get some reaction out of her ever-so-ignorant mother. When he finally gets a reaction out of her, such as crying, running out of the house, slamming her door behind, yelling, and swearing at him, and many more, he gives himself a pat on his back. Well, to be straight forward, I do not do that. Being a nice person, not to brag about my personality or anything ;D, I think the way to get the attention is to do nice things to them. Of course it may not work for some people, such as my sister(who I do not really like, who doesn't like me either, but not to the point as the relationship between Jimmy and his mom), but what is supposed to happen is I suck up, by just simply saying "OH MY GOD YOUR FRIED CHICKENS ARE AWESOME" or waking up the first time she wakes me up, then she feels good, and I get better meals.
I know all the actions that will irritate my mom because, luckily for me, my brother is the expert at pissing off(this may not be the best word choice for school related work, but it is my blog after all :D AHAHAHA) my mom. So by watching him, I know what not to do. As the story continues, or rather as I read the book, which I do not really do too often, I will know what well become of that relationship.

 Well that is it for today and BACK TO PLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDS!!! PEACE OUT



Source (I am not sure if this is necessary but its now or never so yea....best grammar ever right?) : http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010/may/22/child-trust-funds

2 comments: